The 126th St. Interchange Is Now Open!
The 126th St. & SR37 Interchange is complete and open to traffic. Drivers will now experience a grade-separated interchange with SR 37 reconstructed below-grade with 126th Street converted to a roundabout interchange. Drivers will now have free-flow traffic movement with the elimination of the signalized intersection –all of which is part of Phase One of the State Road 37 Improvement Project. The project broke ground at this intersection in September of 2019.
In Progress Now: 146th St. & SR37 Interchange
- Major construction activities at the 146th St. & State Road 37 Interchange begin on Thursday, September 10th.
- The project will move into its Phase 2 (of 6), with traffic moving to the interior lanes, with all left-turn lanes restricted on SR 37 & on 146th street as work begins on constructing the ramps.
- Through traffic and right turns on 146th St. and State Road 37 will remain open during all phases of construction.
- Drivers can use 141st St. & Allisonville on the westside and 141st St. & Cumberland on the eastside.
146th St. 7-Day Closure at SR37 Now Planned to Start On/After April 12th
A 7-day road closure will begin on/after April 12th at 146th St. & SR37. This closure will take place as the contractor transitions traffic patterns for the next phase of the project. Drivers will be directed to utilize the 7-day detour closure route posted here. This date is subject to change, due to weather and other circumstances.
On/After April 16th: SR 37 NB & SB Lane Restriction
SR37 northbound and southbound will be restricted to one lane in each direction, north of 146th St. This restriction will be in place for approximately 2-3 weeks, as work progresses at this interchange.
Spring Construction Begins at 131st & 135th Streets
- The northbound SR 37 Right turn lane onto 135th St. will be closed from 131st St. to approximately halfway to 135th St. for Phase 1 construction.
- This portion of the dedicated turn lane will not reopen to regular capacity until the interchange is complete.
- Right turns are permitted, the turn lane restriction will provide more room for construction crews.