Progress continues on the State Road 37 Improvement Project. During all phases SR37 will always be open. View complete project timeline here.
State Road 37 Construction Progresses to 146th St. Left-Turn Lanes Restricted
On/After Friday, September 11th
- Major construction activities at the 146th St. & State Road 37 Interchange begin on Thursday, September 10th.
- The project will move into its Phase 2 (of 6), with traffic moving to the interior lanes, with all left-turn lanes restricted on SR 37 & on 146th street as work begins on constructing the ramps.
- Through traffic and right turns on 146th St. and State Road 37 will remain open during all phases of construction.
- Drivers can use 141st St. & Allisonville on the westside and 141st St. & Cumberland on the eastside.
Phase 1 of this interchange has involved utility relocation, the temporary pavement on 37 & 146th, and median work.
State Road 37 Construction at 126th St. Continues through November
Now through November 2020
126th St. & SR37 Interchange (Eastside)
- The 126th Street closure is fully switched from West to East and is anticipated to reopen in November 2020.
- During this time, cross access will be restricted, with only right in and right out.
- Northbound SR 37 traffic will not have access to 126th Street.
- Traffic on Northbound SR 37 has shifted to Southbound lanes and two lanes remain open in each direction.
- Local access to businesses remains open.
Wednesday, October 21st- End of Month
126th St. Ford/Windsor Dr. Roundabout Phase 3
- Phase 3 construction begins with completion slated for end of October.
- During this phase, the center of the roundabout will be constructed with through access restricted.
- Traffic will be able to make right turns in all directions. Some flagging will take place during this time.
Short-Term Restrictions: 126th St. & SR37
- Between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM the contractor will be putting in shoulder corrugations under rolling closures identical to the pavement marking safety protocols.
MON 10/26/20 – FRI 10/30/20
- Between the hours of 9 PM to 6 AM, the contractor will perform single lane closures on SR 37 in both directions to remove overhead bridge formwork.
TUES 10/27/20 & WED 10/28/20
- Between the hours of 9 AM to 3 PM the contractor will be performing rolling lane closures to place the permanent pavement markings on the 37 mainline between 116th and 131st streets in both directions. There will only be one lane restricted at a time and it will be a moving closure utilizing an arrow board and attenuator truck for safety purposes.
- Between the hours of 6 AM to 6 PM the contractor will be closing 126th street west of 37 including the west entrance/exit ramps to place the surface asphalt. 126th will be closed at the East leg of the FORD RAB during this operation.