Phase 1 construction has started at the 126th St. intersection of SR37. Find construction updates and relevant information on routes throughout this project here, and on twitter @DriveFishers.
Plan Ahead: Current Lane Restrictions
Restrictions on SR37 Southbound Lanes/ Starting Week of November 18. Note Additional Restrictions:
- November 18 (ongoing) Drivers should anticipate lane restrictions between 9A and 3P on the southbound lanes of SR37 between 131st and 126th streets. The anticipated length of work is 2-3 weeks.
- On Sunday, November 24th, there will be a brief lane restriction to paint pavement markings for the next phase of construction. The restriction will be for the NB 37 right lane. The restriction should not last more than a couple of hours.
- On Monday, November 25th, restrictions will be necessary to set the concrete barrier wall for the next phase of construction. NB and SB left lanes of traffic will be restricted, south of 126th Street between 9A and 3P. This work is anticipated to take no longer than a few hours to complete.
Operations for widening 131st St. scheduled with minor restrictions (ongoing):
- 131st Eastbound- Right turn lane to be restricted between Publishers Drive and Sterling Commons
- 131st Westbound- Right turn lane to be restricted between Sterling Commons and Parkside
- On Thursday, December 5th a full closure will be in place between Parkside Drive and Sterling Commons to install storm sewer across the road. The closure will begin at 7AM and will reopen later that evening upon completion of the work.
- SAFETY NOTE: Excavation will be performed behind barrels along the edge of the pavement. Drivers are advised to be cautious as there will be a drop-off along the edge for a period of two to three days during this work.