The 126th St. Interchange Is Now Open!
The 126th St. & SR37 Interchange is complete and open to traffic. Drivers will now experience a grade-separated interchange with SR 37 reconstructed below-grade with 126th Street converted to a roundabout interchange. Drivers will now have free-flow traffic movement with the elimination of the signalized intersection –all of which is part of Phase One of the State Road 37 Improvement Project. The project broke ground at this intersection in September of 2019.
In Progress Now: 146th St. & SR37 Interchange
- Major construction activities at the 146th St. & State Road 37 Interchange begin on Thursday, September 10th.
- The project will move into its Phase 2 (of 6), with traffic moving to the interior lanes, with all left-turn lanes restricted on SR 37 & on 146th street as work begins on constructing the ramps.
- Through traffic and right turns on 146th St. and State Road 37 will remain open during all phases of construction.
- Drivers can use 141st St. & Allisonville on the westside and 141st St. & Cumberland on the eastside.
Spring Construction Begins at 131st & 135th Streets
- The northbound SR 37 Right turn lane onto 135th St. will be closed from 131st St. to approximately halfway to 135th St. for Phase 1 construction.
- This portion of the dedicated turn lane will not reopen to regular capacity until the interchange is complete.
- Right turns are permitted, the turn lane restriction will provide more room for construction crews.
Plan Ahead: Short-Term Restrictions at 146th St. & SR37
→ 3/1/21: The Southbound SR 37 median lane will be closed between 9AM and 3PM to perform some additional widening
→ 3/2/21: The northbound SR 37 median lane will be closed between 9AM and 3PM to adjust the temporary barrier wall and pavement markings for NB 37 traffic
→ 3/3/21: The northbound SR 37 outside lane will be closed between 9AM and 3PM to adjust temporary barrier wall and pavement markings for NB 37 traffic